Harborlight-Stoneridge Montessori School seeks to enroll curious, creative, self-motivated learners who will thrive in the prepared environment of a Montessori classroom. The admission process is designed to educate children and their families about our educational philosophy and methodology. While applications are accepted throughout the year, the admission process formally begins in mid-autumn for the next academic year and ends in early spring with the mailing of acceptance letters and introduction of new students to their school, teachers, and classmates.
If your family is interested, please contact our Admission Office at (978) 922-1008 to request an admission packet and a tour, schedule an in-classroom observation, and arrange a meeting with the Admission staff.
Admission Process to Harborlight-Stoneridge
- Tour. The best way to learn more about our School is to visit our campus while the students are at work or during one of our scheduled Open Houses. Walking through the hallway and observing the children interact with one another and with their teachers in the classroom is a great introduction to our community of learners.
- Observe. We highly recommend and encourage that all parents spend 20-30 minutes observing a typical day in the classroom to which their child is an applicant. The classroom visit allows parents to fully appreciate the prepared environment, the teacher-child relationship, the “whole-child” approach, and the Montessori Materials in the classroom, as well as the peer-to-peer relationships among the students. It is an opportunity for parents to see first hand what type of education their child will receive at Harborlight-Stoneridge Montessori School.
- Apply. A decision to apply for admission to the school is an indication of the family’s willingness to embrace the Montessori philosophy and methodology that was witnessed during the tour and observation. It is a statement of intent. When the School receives the application and the non-refundable fee, the Admission Director will request the parents to sign a Record and Information Release Form (Kindergarten-Middle School applicants) and will schedule a Parent Meeting or tour. We encourage families to apply by January 30 for the following fall enrollment.
Download and complete forms:
- Parent Meeting. Parents/Guardians meet with the Director of Admission or the Program Director to talk about expectations that they have of their child, of the faculty, and of Harborlight-Stoneridge. This is also an opportunity for the School to get to know the family better. Prior to meeting with families, the Director of Admissions will review the applicant student records, reports, and teacher evaluation from the outgoing school. We will address any questions or concerns regarding the child’s reports during the parent meeting.
- Student Visit. After your application has been received, your child is invited to visit a classroom. The classroom visit is an opportunity for the child and parent to get to know us a little bit better as well as an opportunity for the child and teacher to get to know one another in the comfort of one of our prepared classrooms. During the visit, the teacher will work with your child and will invite him/her to explore the classroom and meet the other students. This visit provides valuable information to both parents and teachers and helps us determine if the child and the parents are ready to embrace our School’s curriculum, our educational goals of the program, and the ideals of the Montessori philosophy.
- Admission Committee Decision Mailed. All applicants are notified of the Admissions Committee decisions on or before March 10. If the notification is an acceptance, an Enrollment Contract is also mailed. Each family has 30 days to respond and enroll by signing and returning the Enrollment Contract and paying the non-refundable tuition deposit. If the contract is not returned within thirty days, the school cannot guarantee that the accepted child will be enrolled and will offer classroom positions to children on the Waiting List.
Harborlight-Stoneridge Montessori School is a nonsectarian Montessori school that does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law in the administration of either its admissions or employment policies or procedures.